Monday, May 2, 2011

BlackBerry Torch 9800

The box.
After a three-day wait, it finally arrived. However, it did not arrive at my apartment.

The building I live in is still new and thus Optus, and many other telecom companies do not have the address in their database. Therefore, I had to ask for Mimi's favour to use her address which she agreed to, without fuss.

The postman delivered the package on Friday, which is two days after I ordered it, but Mimi was not around to accept the package. A note was left behind for me to claim it from the Lygon Street post office.

The quest was the berry was a long and arduous journey, trekking from the Arts Centre, the southeastern-most building of the university to Newman College, the northern end, and that was just to retrieve the note. With the note in hand, I walked back down to the southern end and turned to Lygon Street. I was thrilled as I got closer to the post office. Little did I know that it was a small post office with a crowd of customers in the evenings. Standing in line, I met Cherry and her cousin who were there to deliver letters. It made me wonder, who still sends letters in this day and age?

Finally, it was my turn. I showed my passport as photo I.D. and signed for the package. The excitement was bubbling within me, about to overflow at any moment. I rushed home right after, not giving a damn about the upcoming Econometrics lecture.

Still having the patience to take a few photos before unboxing the phone.
The name.
Non-stop social networking. How am I to focus on my studies?
Damn, I love that box.
The packaging just looks awesome. It is black. With minimal text on it. "BlackBerry". I am still a sucker for good packaging.

The only berry sexier than this is Halle Berry.
It makes my pudgy hands look petite.
The BlackBerry Torch is huge, if not anything else. 107mm x 60mm from what I measured. It looks like it means business, and that is what BlackBerries are all about.

The useless, as usual, owner's manual.
It's alive!
My sweet berry.

1 comment: