Monday, May 9, 2011

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

I was up at six in the morning when I noticed the time on the bottom right of my laptop screen. It was another one of those sleepless nights in front of the computer spent reading, chatting, listening, watching, contemplating, yawning...

I turned to the glass panel on my right and saw that it was just past first light and as I walked toward the panel, three hot air balloons rose from behind the city skyline. To the east, sunbeams peeking through sheets after sheets of grayish clouds, tinted by a sunny orange. As I panned from east to west, there was a vivid rainbow against the cloudy backdrop while hot air balloons were flying across it. 

A breathtaking moment. A familiar tune in my head. 'Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high'.

An inspiration. An epiphany. The world is beautiful when everyone is asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment